Ubuntu 8 10 updating connection failed nm ifupdown connection
Several suggested the problem was the order of the hosts in /etc/and that moving the wins entry to the end of the hosts line would fix the problem. Whenever I tried to copy a file from OS X to the mounted Samba drive I got the error message: I couldn’t find the solution anywhere on Google, and I spent hours today searching.
Here is my working file: # Lock the port lock # Authentication # We don't need the tunnel server to authenticate itself noauth # We won't do PAP, EAP, CHAP, or MSCHAP, but we will accept MSCHAP-V2 # (you may need to remove these refusals if the server is not using MPPE) refuse-pap refuse-eap refuse-chap #refuse-mschap # Compression # Turn off compression protocols we know won't be used ####nobsdcomp ####nodeflate # Encryption # (There have been multiple versions of PPP with encryption support, # choose with of the following sections you will use.
Aug 7 Tamara B pppd: CHAP authentication succeeded Aug 7 Tamara B kernel: [ 250.069829] PPP MPPE Compression module registered Aug 7 Tamara B pppd: MPPE 128-bit stateless compression enabled Aug 7 Tamara B pppd: Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP Aug 7 Tamara B pppd: local IP address 192.168.1.5 Aug 7 Tamara B pppd: remote IP address 192.168.0.5 Aug 7 Tamara B pppd: primary DNS address 2.130 Aug 7 Tamara B pppd: secondary DNS address 2.130 Aug 7 Tamara B Network Manager: VPN connection 'pptp.supervpn.net' (IP Config Get) reply received.
Aug 7 Tamara B Network Manager: nm_ip4_config_add_nameserver: assertion `nameserver !
A Google search for that timeout message turned up lots of problems, but few solutions and none that worked for me. A Google search for that message turned up lots of other users experiencing the same problem.
While I searched for a working solution to my problem I launched Rhythmbox to play some “thinking music”. A few commenters reported that the issue was related to winbind. The change I made to /etc/to fix Rhythmbox also fixed my Microsoft VPN problems too. After installing the OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 update I found that I could no longer write to Samba (SMB) volumes shared from my Linux server (running Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala) that I had mounted on OS X.